Consumer Engagement Advisory Committee
There are many benefits of consumer and community involvement in research including ensuring that research being conducted is relevant to community needs, and there is effective translation of research to deliver improved health outcomes.
We engage with our consumers and community in many different ways. One way we do this is through our Consumer Engagement Advisory Committee.
If you are living with cardiovascular disease or diabetes, we invite you to apply to join our Consumer Engagement Advisory Committee and help us to advance medical research. As a participant in this group you can:
- Help our researchers better understand the lived experience of heart disease and diabetes.
- Assist researchers with communicating their science in plain language.
- Inform research and contribute to healthcare improvement initiatives.
- Provide insight into how their research can make a difference in the community.
- Become part of the Institute community with invitations to events and seminars.
- A background in science or medicine is not required.
The Committee meets several times a year and your involvement would require being able to attend face-to-face or online meetings at the Baker Institute, to participate in activities such as laboratory tours, visual presentations and discussion groups. You may also be required to review documents and provide feedback related to our research projects.
To learn more about joining our Community Advisory Group, please contact:
Heidi Roache | General Manager, Partnerships