As the nation’s premier heart and diabetes research institute, our training programs provide the latest research and knowledge to assist clinicians in the management and prevention of diabetes and cardiovascular disease in the community.
Who should attend Baker Institute training programs?
The Institute delivers a range of programs that are specifically targeted to health professionals assisting people who have diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
- Practice Nurses
- General Practitioners
- Community Health Nurses
- Diabetes Nurse Educators
- Allied Health Professionals, including Dietitians and Exercise Physiologists.
The Baker Institute Education Services team
Our multi-disciplinary team of Credentialed Diabetes Nurse Educators and Accredited Practising Dietitians are at the forefront of management, research and education for patients with diabetes. With a wide range of experience, our highly skilled presenters aim to facilitate the practical training to enhance client management of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Workplace and Community Presentations and Workshops for Clinical and Non-Clinical Professionals
The Baker Institute Education Services team share a commitment to the research, design and delivery of a range of training programs to suit the varied requirements of healthcare workers within Australasia.
While our programs and workshops are targeted to health professionals working directly with people initiating or managing their diabetes care, the Education Services team is available to discuss and plan the delivery of training programs, workplace and community presentations which can be tailor made to the meet the individual needs of your organisation.
2018 Health Professionals Training
FlexIT: Flexible Insulin Therapy for Health Professionals
Suitable for diabetes nurse educators and dietitians working with clients managing type 1 diabetes.
2-day program – $525
Manager, Allied Health and Education Services
Terms and Conditions
- Early Bird Registration Special: to take advantage of the early bird special rate, registration and full payment must be received by the closing date.
- The Baker Institute reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule courses where registrations are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur the registration payment will be refunded.
- Participant cancellations occurring less than 7 days prior to the program will incur a 20 per cent administration charge. Cancellations less than 48 hours prior to the program will forfeit the full payment, however, a substitute delegate is welcome.
- The Baker Institute reserves the right to change program, event or seminar fees, dates, content, speakers or method of presentation at its discretion.
- Where a refund is due to a company or participant, a full refund cheque or electronic transfer will be organised within 30 days of the event, seminar or program.
- Where a course is overbooked, participants who have paid prior to the commencement of the event, seminar or program will be given priority.
- The Baker Institute reserves all rights, title and interest in all intellectual property used by it in performing the seminar services (subject to the rights of the presenters) and all intellectual property we may develop as a result of the performance of the seminar services.
- You agree not to delete or modify the materials or any copyright, trade mark, or other proprietary notices in the publication or transmission of materials from the seminar.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that the Baker Institute is not responsible or liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any participant’s use of or reliance on the training programs, workplace and community presentations or any verbal information given to the Participant during the conduct of such training programs, workplace and community presentations.