Do you have type 1 diabetes?
If you have type 1 diabetes, consider joining the Fame 1 Eye trial which is looking into the use of a tablet to reduce the risk of diabetic eye disease.
Who can participate?
You may be eligible for this study if you:
- are aged over 18 years
- have type 1 diabetes
- have mild diabetic eye disease
- live in Melbourne.
Study participants will receive at no cost:
- Clinical assessment which includes blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, waist circumference and hip measurement.
- Blood and urine tests for diabetes, blood fats and biochemistry tests.
- An eye examination and vision test.
If you would like further information, please contact the Study Coordinator:
T: (03) 8532 1828 or (03) 8532 1849
You may not be eligable for this trial if you:
- have any known liver, gallbladder, kidney disease or pancreatitis
- have had a heart attack or heart failure or stroke within the past 6 months
- are currently participating in any other investigational drug study
- have a known allergic reaction to any of the drugs in the fibrate group
- have any other known serious abnormalities that may compromise your safety or successful participation in the study.