Our Accredited Practising Dietitians provide nutrition information and education for:
- Diabetes prevention and type 2 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes, including carbohydrate counting for insulin pump therapy.
- Gestational diabetes.
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Weight management including the use of Very Low Energy Diets.
- Pre and post weight loss surgery.
- Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
Appointments are available Monday to Friday, 8.45am–4.15pm. Please allow 60 minutes for initial appointments and 30 minutes for review appointments.
To book or reschedule an appointment, please telephone reception (03) 8532 1800. No referral is necessary.
Health professionals can fax their referral forms to (03) 8532 1899.
Most dietitian appointments are subsidised by Department of Health funding.
Appointment fees start at $10 for people with a health care or pension card and increase up to $95 for an initial appointment ($45 for review appointments) according to a person’s income level.
Download the Education Services brochure for more information.
Free interpreter available.
Rights and responsibilities
What are your rights and responsibilities as a client of the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute's Education Services and what to expect from our service and staff? More information...