- Based in Melbourne
- Full-time, 2-year contract with opportunity to be extended
- Generous Salary Packaging options
The Community and Corporate Relations (CCR) team endeavors to increase awareness of the valuable and innovative research being undertaken at the Baker Institute, and to raise funds to support that research. We do this by building sustainable relationships and promoting the science to a broad audience.
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated Direct Marketing Coordinator with excellent project management and strong relationship-management skills to join the CCR team.
In this role you will implement the direct marketing strategy and assist in the strategic development of the supporter relationship marketing program.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Coordinate the development of direct mail appeals, donor care and other communications relevant to cash donors by: sourcing research topic and case studies; sourcing quotes for copywriting, design, print and mailing; schedule interviews and photo shoots.
- Develop campaign briefs to outline: agreed strategies, tests and online recommendations to optimise results of the mailing campaign.
- Assist in the development of marketing collaterals and other communications relevant to on-boarding new donors.
- Identify areas of improvement, provide interpretation of results and advice to help inform new strategies for conversion to regular giving, mid-value and major gift level, and bequest.
- Liaise with the Donor Admin Officer and third-party suppliers to ensure all necessary updates from donors via email and phone are processed in a timely manner.
- Represent the Baker Institute at internal and external functions and special events as required.
Skills and Experience
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in administration or fundraising (or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training).
- Completion of FIA Fundraising Essentials is desirable.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in administration for fundraising or similar.
- Experience in project management or high-level administration — in a fundraising environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in the not for profit sector is desirable but not essential.
Working at the Baker Institute offers flexibility, professional development, and the opportunity to contribute to a research centre of world renown. Benefits include generous salary packaging, an employee assistance program, and an active social club as well as modern offices and laboratories adjacent to the Alfred Hospital and walking distance to St Kilda Road, Chapel Street, and Fawkner Park.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate's qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Seek, include a cover letter quoting reference JM03 and a current resume with details of 3 professional referees. Applications without these documents will not be considered.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa. More details can be found in the position description, for further information please contact the person listed below.
T: (03) 8532 1470 or (03) 8532 1111
Stay on top of the latest findings with our newsletterSubscribe