Our experienced credentialled diabetes nurse educators provide education and support for:
- Understanding a diagnosis of pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes, type 1 diabetes and gestational diabetes.
- Diabetes screening and prevention of diabetes complications.
- Self blood glucose monitoring.
- Registration with National Diabetes Support Scheme.
- Commencing new medication for diabetes including oral tablets or injections including insulin therapy.
- Continuous glucose monitoring (CGMS).
- Insulin Pump Therapy.
To book an appointment, please telephone reception (03) 8532 1800.
Appointments are available Monday to Friday, 8.45am–4.15pm.
Please allow 60 minutes for initial appointments and 30 minutes for review appointments.
Referrals from health professionals can be faxed to (03) 8532 1899.
Most Education Service appointments are subsidised by Department of Health funding.
Appointment fees start at $10 for people with a health care or pension card and increase to $95 for an initial appointment ($45 for review appointments) according to a person's income level.
Download the Education Services brochure for more information.
Free interpreter available.
Rights and responsibilities
What are your rights and responsibilities as a client of the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute's Education Services and what to expect from our service and staff? More information...