The WAG program has been designed specifically for women with a history of gestational diabetes.
WAG includes information on:
- Practical nutritional advice for busy mothers with small children.
- Healthy cooking strategies for family including cooking demonstration, supermarket shopping, making healthy meals and label reading.
- Suitable advice for increasing physical activity after giving birth.
- Strategies for increasing motivation and managing stress.
- Lifestyle tips to help reduce risk of type 2 diabetes and improve health for future pregnancies.
WAG programs are located at local maternal child health services and includes 5 x 60 minute group sessions over 5 weeks facilitated by a health professional.
Mothers are welcome to bring their babies and small children along to the program.
Upcoming program start dates
- Wednesday 22 May 2019, 9.30–10.30am
Bentleigh Maternal Child Heath Centre
- Mondays 29 April to 27 May 2019, 9.30–10.30am
North Kew Maternal Child Heath Centre
- Thursdays 2 May to 30 May 2019, 10.30–11.30am
Murrumbeena Maternal Child Health Centre
- Fridays 7 June to 5 July 2019, 10.30–11.30am
Box Hill South Family Centre
More dates for 2019 in other areas coming soon...
Join WAG Online
Can’t make it to a program? Not close to where you are?
WAG Online provides you with the same information as the group sessions via an online interactive learning program. You can access WAG online at any time via any device with internet access. You will be provided with individualised feedback to help you make healthy lifestyle changes.
For any further enquires or to register your interest for the program please email email@example.com or call 03 8532 1851.