Do you have type 1 diabetes?
We are looking for volunteers to participate in the CLOSE IT research study and help us test an advanced artificial pancreas system that leads to closed loop delivery of insulin without manual bolusing.
Who can participate?
You may be eligible for this study if you are:
- aged between 18 and 70 years old
- diagnosed with type 1 diabetes
- willing to wear an insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor
- able to visit our Melbourne clinic
- NOT using non-insulin glucose-lowering therapy (e.g. Metformin)
- NOT on a very low carbohydrate diet.
Enquire about participating in this study
What is required?
- Face-to-face and/or online visits over a period of 6 months.
- Proactive educational sessions with our friendly Diabetes Educators and Dietitians.
- You will be reimbursed for parking.
If you would like further information, please contact the Study Coordinator:
T: (03) 8532 1849