About the Sports Cardiology Laboratory
Our team of young investigators conduct research on the effect of exercise on cardiovascular health. We use exercise testing and specialised heart imaging to measure the heart’s ability to respond to the haemodynamic challenge of exercise.
Our studies span the health spectrum from patients with severe heart disease through to the most elite athletes.
We are currently addressing some of the following questions:
- What is the effect of exercise on heart rhythm disorders?
- What are the long-term health benefits and effects of endurance exercise?
- Can regular exercise prevent the damaging effects of chemotherapy on the heart?
- What are the causes of sudden cardiac death?
- Can exercise tests outperform standard cardiac assessments for identifying patients with shortness of breath?